Benefits of central clearing for the market:
- Stable infrastructure
- Standardized processes
- Several lines of defense to manage risk
- Regulated market and high operational standards
- Managing risk is an essential function of ECC, a central counterparty (CCP) licensed under strict European financial market regulations for CCPs (‘EMIR’).
- ECC also holds the status as a Recognised Clearing House (RCH) in Singapore, regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- ECC has a unique level of expertise in the physical settlement of grid-bound energy (power & natural gas) and energy-related products (emission allowances & GoOs).
- ECC handles the financial settlement of contracts in various currencies (EUR as well as GBP, USD, JPY).
- With a global network of more than 600 participants, clearing banks, TSOs and further partners, customers can rely on a liquid and secure network for trading energy and commodities.
- The US clearing house of EEX Group serves as a central counterparty (CCP) for all Nodal Exchange transactions.
- Nodal Clear is a derivatives clearing organization (DCO) regulated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Nodal Clear is a clearing house providing central counterparty clearing services for Nodal Exchange and FairX.
- Nodal Clear’s strong risk management practices create a sound market infrastructure for trading US commodity contracts.
- Nodal Clear employs a tailored portfolio margining methodology that appropriately margins Nodal Exchange contracts and provides capital efficiencies to market participants.