environmental markets on EEX?
- Leading primary auction platform for carbon emission allowances under the EU ETS, whereby 100% of the allowances are sold on behalf of the EU Member States - More than 2,700 emissions auctions successfully conducted
- Streamlined physical allowance delivery process
- Same-day physical transfer via registry transfer request possible
- Primary and secondary markets available
- M7 Auction System: Secure and reliable auction system, with established track record of performance
- Join a growing community of customers trading carbon on EEX
- Comprehensive product suite including spot, futures and options contracts
- Competitive transaction fees and schemes
- Efficient and free delivery process of EUAs directly via ECC
- Same-day registry transfer available
- State-of-the-art trading infrastructure, including the Eurex T7 matching engine and advanced trading functionalities of the EEX Trading Technologies (TT) screen
- Multiple connectivity solutions - most major ISVs are supported (Trayport, Fidessa, Fastfill, Trading Technologies)
- Straight Through Processing (STP) Trade Registration for all major brokers
- Capital efficiencies through cross-margining when trading emissions alongside other EEX Group commodities
- Benefit from ECC’s EUAs as collateral model to reduce the total margin requirements
During the last two decades, evolving regional environmental policies have shaped new markets and created new segments for sustainable products and services. These markets span across renewable energy certificates, carbon, renewable fuel credits and pollutants.
Renewable energy generation is increasing across geographies and is attracting an increasing number of diverse market participants, expanding green finance and creating new trading opportunities. The physically-settled environmental contracts offered on Nodal Exchange allow participants to fulfill regulatory compliance obligations and corporate climate goals while also benefiting from advanced risk management solutions and improved operational efficiency during the delivery process.
Nodal Exchange, in cooperation with IncubEx, develops and offers products and services that best meet the growing and evolving needs of the North American environmental markets.