Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 3 October 2023
- A total volume of 61.5 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in September 2023 (September 2022: 48.8 TWh). This represents an overall increase of 25.9% on year
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 47,527.4 GWh (September 2022: 37,565.1 GWh).
- The German-Luxembourg Day-Ahead market registered a new monthly record with 23,464.8 GWh traded.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 13,980.1GWh was traded (September 2022: 11,281.9GWh). This represents an increase of 23.9% on year.
- Volumes on the German, British and Dutch auction Intraday markets reached a new all-time high.
To access the detailed power trading results, please click here.
In September 2023, 592.0 GWh were traded on the monthly auction for Guarantees of Origin. Furthermore, at their third quarterly meeting in 2023, the EPEX SPOT Exchange Council members welcomed new combined block products.
Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
In September, EPEX SPOT welcomed ENNA Opskrba d.o.o., Green Lion Energy GmbH, Jump Trading Europe B.V., and Sky Quant Sp. z o.o. as new members to the Exchange.
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT SE and its affiliates operate physical short-term electricity markets in Central Western Europe, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the Nordics and in Poland. Furthermore, EPEX SPOT newly offers local flexibility markets solution and Guarantees of Origin auctions, to foster the integration of renewable energy sources and to enhance the engagement of consumers and producers in the power market. As part of EEX Group, a group of companies serving international commodity markets, EPEX SPOT is committed to the creation of a pan-European power market. Over 300 members trade electricity on EPEX SPOT. 49% of its equity is held by HGRT, a holding of transmission system operators.
For more information, please visit www.epexspot.com.
EPEX SPOT SE / 5 boulevard Montmartre / 75002 Paris (France)
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel +33 (0) 1 73 03 61 33