- The trading volume on the European Power Spot market amounted to 52.6 TWh in October. The Intraday markets increased by 10% to a total volume of 12.2 TWh with new record volumes in the French, British, Belgian, and Nordic market areas.
- The EEX European Power Derivatives market reached a volume of 196.2 TWh which is -60% as against October 2021. However, EEX reported increases in Belgian (+104%), Dutch (+94%) and Nordic Power Futures (+257%), with the latter reaching a new record volume of 5.3 TWh.
- Both the EEX Japanese (0.5 MWh) and US Power Derivatives volume (190.7 MWh) decreased by 25%.
- EEX Group’s global Natural Gas market achieved an increase of 64%, reaching a total trading volume of 572.9 TWh.
- The EEX Natural Gas Spot reached a new record at 346.3 TWh with increases across the majority of the trading hubs. Record volumes were traded in the THE (+135%), TTF (+83%) and NBP hub (+568%).
- The EEX Natural Gas Derivatives increased by 34% to 226.6 TWh.
- Trading in the European Environmental markets decreased by 20% to 78.2 million tonnes of CO2.
- US Environmental products increased by 25% to 17,510 contracts.
- The EEX Dry Freight market increased by 23% to a total volume of 82,463 lots with Freight Options almost tripling against October 2021.
- Trading in EEX European Agricultural products almost doubled, reaching a total of
- EEX Dairy Futures increased by 150% to 4,800 contracts. This represents the highest monthly volume in this market so far (previous record: 3,923 contracts traded in September 2018).
- Furthermore, EEX achieved a new record in Skimmed Milk Powder Futures with 3,312 contracts this month (previous record: 2,503 contracts in July 2022). On 31 October the EEX SMP Future surpassed the 100.000 tonnes of goods equivalent traded mark for the year 2022.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216