Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 2 August 2022
- A total volume of 50.0 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in July 2022 (July 2021: 50.1 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 39,271.2 GWh (July 2021: 40,233.9 GWh).
- Traded volume on the Austrian and British Day-Ahead markets grew by +39.0% and +39.8% on year, reaching 1,430.7 GWh and 3,771.3 GWh respectively.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 10,755.1 GWh was traded (July 2021: 9,914.8 GWh).
- The Belgian and Dutch Intraday continuous markets continued their growth path and reached new record volumes in July 2022, with 356.2 GWh and 753.1 GWh traded respectively.
In the month of July, the European Power Exchange announced the auction dates for the upcoming pan-European GOs market.
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report from page 4. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business : For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
To access the detailed power trading results, please click here.
In July, 13 existing Exchange members added new market segments to their portfolio.
In June, EPEX SPOT welcomed 3 new Exchange members: Energia Customer Solutions Limited, HGN POWER CZ s.r.o. and Outlook Energy Ltd.
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT SE and its affiliates operate physical short-term electricity markets in 13 countries: in Central Western Europe, the United Kingdom, in Switzerland, the Nordics and in Poland. As part of EEX Group, a group of companies serving international commodity markets, EPEX SPOT is committed to the creation of a pan-European power market. Over 300 members trade electricity on EPEX SPOT. 49% of its equity is held by HGRT, a holding of transmission system operators. For more information, please visit www.epexspot.com.
EPEX SPOT SE / 5 boulevard Montmartre / 75002 Paris (France)
E-mail email@example.com / Tel +33 (0) 1 73 03 61 33