Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 2 June 2022
- A total volume of 49.2 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in May 2022 (May 2021: 52.1 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 38,288.9 GWh (May 2021: 41,428.9 GWh).
- Volume on the Belgian and British Day-Ahead markets grew by +25.3% and +40.3%, reaching 1,971.1 and 4,013.3 GWh respectively.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 10,861.0 GWh was traded (May 2021: 10,622.5 GWh).
- The Dutch Intraday continuous market reached a new all-time high, reaching 703.4 GWh (May 2021: 457.3 GWh).
- On 24.5.2022, a new daily record was registered on the Intraday segment, with 535.9 GWh traded in 24 hours.
In the month of May, the European Power Exchange announced the planned go-live date of the first pan-European spot auction for Guarantees of Origin. This new market will be launched jointly with ECC and EEX on 28 September 2022, subject to technical and member readiness. Furthermore, EPEX SPOT announced its cooperation with GOPACS to establish a connection between the two platforms
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report from page 4. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
Please find the detailed power trading results attached.
In May, EPEX SPOT welcomed 7 new Exchange members: Axpo Iberia SL, Consorzio Toscana Energia S.p.A., Quark Energy Trading Limited, RABOT Energy GmbH, Virtual-Power B.V. and WEB Windenergie AG.