EEX Group today reports its September volumes including the following highlights:
- EEX Group’s Global Power volume amounted to 772 TWh (+45% y-o-y). Volumes increased after many traders returned from an extended summer break to observe increasing levels of volatility on the world markets
- European Power Derivatives exceeded the mark of 500 TWh which is the highest monthly volume in this year and an y-o-y increase of +44%.
- New monthly records in German (+57%), Nordic (+104%) and Greek Power Futures (+ 1,388%) also resulting from daily records
- Greek Power Futures recorded 7 TWh traded this year which more than double the 2020 volume
- Power options volume more than quadrupled
- US Power Derivatives increased by 63% to 206 TWh while Japanese Power Futures reached 395 GWh (+834%) in September.
- European Natural Gas Spot markets increased by 37% to 148 TWh.
- Volumes up across almost all hubs
- German GASPOOL and NCG reporting increases by 53% and 47% respectively, CEGH + 37% and TTF +38%
- Gas Derivatives in Europe almost doubled to 104 TWh.
- TTF Futures +94%, PEG Futures more than doubled
- Strong performance of Czech gas hub on both Spot (+345%) and Derivatives (+1,545%)
- US environmental markets posted a new monthly volume record in September with 35,438 lots traded, up 244% compared to the same period last year end exceeding the prior monthly record set last month (August 2021: 31,703 lots).
- Freight markets up 23% to 79,173 lots driven by Freight Futures which rose by +48%
- Agricultural derivatives contracts rose by 38% driven by volume increases in both segments, Processing Potatoes (+54%) and Dairy (+29%).
- In the dairy segment EEX Butter Futures increased by 25% while Skimmed Milk Powder Futures rose by 24%
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report.
The full report is also attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 750 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software company KB Tech. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is based in 17 worldwide locations and is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216
T +33 1 73 03 76 52