EEX Group reports their March volumes with the following highlights:
- The Intraday market has been the main growth driver on the European Power Spot market
contributing 10.7 TWh to the total volume of 52.0 TWh during the last month.
- The development of the European Power Derivatives market (352.8 TWh) was driven by the growth of the French Power Futures (+56%), the Belgian Power Futures (+505%) and the Nordic Power Futures (+108%).
- Power Options increased by 8% to a volume of 5.1 TWh.
- US Power Futures reached their second highest volume with 303.9 TWh, up 52% compared to March 2021.
- The European Natural Gas Spot markets of EEX Group doubled to 267.4 TWh. This development was driven by further records on the Dutch TTF (+162%), the French PEG (+68%), the British NBP (+5,864%) and the Austrian CEGH hubs (+144%).
- The European Natural Gas Derivatives market reached a total trading volume of 373.8 TWh. The main growth drivers were the Dutch TFF hub (+273%), the French PEG hub (+723%), and the Austrian CEGH hub (+644%). The German THE (65.5 TWh) and the Spanish PVB hubs (7.1 TWh) also both achieved record volume.
- The US Gas Derivatives market amounted to a trading volume of 7.3 TWh during March 2022.
- The European Environmentals market reached a volume of 110.8 million tonnes of CO2 during March 2022 which marks a decrease of 35%.
- The US Environmentals products increased by 105% to a total volume of 25,547 contracts. Trading in US Environmentals Options reached a volume of 1,900 lots which marks a record volume (last record: November 2021).
- Within the German National Emissions Trading System (“nEHS”) 2,741,309 nEHS certificates were sold.
- Last month’s development of EEX Agricultural Products has been driven by the European Dairy Futures, achieving an increase of 11% and a trading volume of 3,390 contracts.
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report. The full report is also attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group.
More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216 | +33 1 73 03 76 52
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.eex.com