EEX Group reports the February volumes including the following highlights:
- The European Spot markets reached a volume of 49.9 TWh with Intraday Spot markets growing by 10% to 10.6 TWh during the last month.
- European Power Derivatives markets achieved a trading volume of 407.7 TWh, which marks an increase of 16% compared to February 2021. Increases in the majority of the European Power markets led to this result, especially in the German (+20%), Italian (+19%), Dutch (+58%) and Swiss (+112%) Power Futures.
- US Power Derivatives totalled 325.2 TWh, increasing by 49% y-o-y and reaching a new record month (last record: October 2021).
- EEX Group’s Natural Gas markets reported a 59% increase compared to February 2021, resulting in a total volume of 386.5 TWh.
- European Gas Spot markets grew by 22% to 207.5 TWh, with increases in the Austrian CEGH (+57%), the French PEG (+53%), the Dutch TTF (+41%) and the Belgian ZTP hub (+67%).
- The European Gas Derivatives markets more than doubled to a total volume of 157.6 TWh with major increases reported in the Austrian CEGH (+156%), the Czech VTP (+977%), the German THE (+572%) and the Dutch TTF hub (+90%).
- US Gas Derivatives Markets reached a volume of 21.4 TWh traded (February 2021: 0.4 TWh).
- Trading in the European Environmental markets totalled to a volume of 91.8 million tonnes of CO2 compared to 152.8 million tonnes of CO2 in the same month last year while the North American environmental markets declined by 12%.
- Within the German National Emissions Trading System (“nEHS”) 840,519 nEHS certificates were sold.
- EEX Freight Futures achieved a total trading volume of 60,149 lots in February 2022, while Freight Options reached a volume of 3,060 lots during the last month.
- EEX Dairy Futures increased by 45% compared to February 2021, reaching a volume of 3,151 contracts traded with Skimmed Milk Powder Futures being the main growth driver (+130%).
The full report is attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216 | +33 1 73 03 76 52
email@example.com | www.eex.com