EEX Group reports the January volumes including the following highlights:
- European Spot markets amounted to 54.6 TWh overall. On the very short end, the Intraday markets volumes increased by 10% as against January 2021.
- European Derivatives markets increased by 22% to 393.3 TWh: EEX posted increases in German (+26%), French (+27%) and Italian Power Futures (+6%) while Power Options rose by 39%. Power Futures trading in the Netherlands and the Nordics reached new monthly records at 3.3 TWh and 1.2 TWh respectively.
- Trading in US Power Derivatives reached 221.9 TWh, up 58% compared to the same month last year.
- EEX Group’s Natural Gas markets increased to 411.6 TWh in total, up 65% compared to January 2021.
- European Natural Gas Spot volumes rose by 33% to 229.3 TWh, driven by increases across the main of the markets, including the Austrian CEGH (+53%), the French PEG (+22%), the Dutch TTF (+57%), the Czech hub (+124%) and the Belgian ZTP (+41%) – the latter recording a new monthly record.
- European Gas Derivatives volumes more than doubled (+126%) with major hubs posting triple-digit growth such as the Austrian CEGH and Czech hub (+182% and +287%, respectively), the German THE (+428%) and the French PEG (+188%).
- Trading in US Gas Derivatives reached 9.7 TWh.
- Environmental markets in Europe rose by 50% to a total volume of 74 million tonnes of CO2 driven mainly by the higher volume in the primary Spot markets. This is due to the fact that the emission auctions resumed on 10 January 2022 whereas in 2021 auctioning started only as of 29 January.
- Within the German National Emissions Trading System (“nEHS”) 216,787 nEHS certificates were sold.
- EEX Dairy Futures rose by 28% y-o-y to 3,217 contracts in January, driven by a strong performance in Skimmed Milk Powder Futures (+53%).
Please find the full report in the attachment.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com.