- European Spot markets reported a new high to 57.3 TWh (previous record in March 2021: 55.9 TWh) with records hit in both Intraday (Austria) and Day-Ahead (France, Denmark, Nordics) markets.
- European Derivatives markets totalled 464.6 TWh, driven by records on the French (73.9 TWh), Dutch (7.1 TWh) and Austrian (6.8 TWh) Power Futures.
- Japanese Power Derivatives volumes reached 393.5 GWh.
- US Power Derivatives recorded 162.0 TWh, up 55% compared to the same period last year.
- European Natural Gas markets reached a new record with 435.2 TWh traded on both Spot and Derivatives markets (previous record in October 2021: 347.4 TWh):
- Record volumes for the European Spot markets (232.5 TWh) for the second month in a row, driven by unprecedented volumes on the French PEG (23.5 TWh), Dutch TTF (100.8 TWh), German THE (70.7 TWh) and Austrian CEGH (16.2 TWh).
- European Derivatives markets reached a volume of 202.2 TWh with German THE hub reporting a new high (30.7 TWh)
- US Gas Derivatives reported 16.1 TWh
- Environmental markets in Europe rose by 198% to a total volume of 288 million tonnes of CO2 driven by both the Spot (+393%) and Derivatives (+75%) markets.
- Within the German national Emissions Trading Scheme 146,152,908 tonnes of CO2 were sold.
- US Environmental Markets quadrupled to a total volume of 26,915 contracts traded.
- EEX Dairy Futures were up 12% y-o-y to 1,556 contracts, driven by both Butter Futures (+10%) and Skimmed Milk Powder Futures (+22%).
The full EX Group Monthly Volume report is attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 750 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima Group. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216 | T + 33 1 73 03 76 52