EEX Group today reports its November volumes including the following highlights:
- Spot Intraday markets operated by EPEX SPOT up 17% y-o-y to 11.1 TWh with Nordic markets reporting a new high to 428.9 GWh (previous record in July 2020: 346.5 GWh).
- Both Swiss and Greek Power Futures reported triple-digit growth to 1.7 TWh and 1.4 TWh respectively, while Austrian Power Futures hit a new record with 6.2 TWh traded (previous record in December 2019: 4.6 TWh).
- Japanese Power Derivatives achieved a volume of 554.1 GWh (+269%).
- US Power Derivatives recorded 247.3 TWh, increasing by 142% compared to the same period last year.
- European Natural Gas Spot markets reached a new high of 188.9 TWh (previous record in October 2021:178.5 TWh).
- Record month for the Dutch TTF (+74% to 85.9 TWh) and the Austrian CEGH (+70% to 12.9 TWh)
- German THE hub recorded a 50% increase to 55.0 TWh
- European Natural Gas Derivatives markets rose by 39% to 115.8 TWh driven by the Austrian CEGH (12.1 TWh), the German THE (9.9 TWh) and the French PEG (7.2 TWh), all reporting triple-digit growth.
- Strong volumes for the Dutch TTF reaching 80.5 TWh (+16%)
- New record for the Spanish PVB with 4.3 TWh traded (previous record in October 2021: 4.2 TWh)
- US Gas Derivatives set a new record of 81.8 TWh (previous record in June 2020: 8.1 TWh).
- Strong performance for Environmental markets in Europe reaching a total volume of 296,748,359 tonnes of CO2 (+71% y-o-y) driven by both the Spot (+131%) and Derivatives (+19%) markets.
- The German national Emissions Trading Scheme reported 133,735,859 tonnes of CO2.
- US Environmental Markets doubled to a total volume of 23,522 contracts traded.
- Dry Freight Futures further achieved a 12% increase with a total traded volume of 68,050 lots.
- EEX Agricultural products up 25% y-o-y to 4,720 contracts, driven by both the Processing Potatoe Futures (+25%) and Dairy Futures (+24%) markets.
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report. The full report is also attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 750 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software company KB Tech. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is based in 17 worldwide locations and is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216
T +33 173 037-652